frequently asked questionsWhat's your question?
Professionals have asked me about what I do and how it works. These are few of the questions that you may also have. If you have a different question, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org so I can answer it. Be assured: if you are wondering about something, others are thinking it.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why do I need a coach to get me to the next level?
You don’t. But here’s a question for you: are you getting to where you want to be on your own? Are you becoming your best fast enough? Do you have the clarity you need to get there?
What should I look for in a coach?
Professionals who have coaches are higher performers than they would be without coaches. When looking for a coach, you should consider the following.
- Someone who knows you, listens to you and believes in you and your potential.
- Someone who leads you to discover yourself, your motivation and your highest value contributions.
- Someone with whom to talk frankly and confidentially about what prevents you from being your best and what to do about it.
- Someone who gives you an outside, unbiased viewpoint as you become a high performing professional.
- Someone who is a coach by profession with a degree, license and certificate, not someone who tells you how they did it and you should do it that way too.
Are you an "Accountability Nazi?"
No, but I will hold you accountable until you can hold yourself accountable. Ultimately, you have to be responsible for yourself and not rely on me or someone else to get you to do what you know you should do anyway. No, but I will hold you accountable until you can hold yourself accountable. Ultimately, you have to be responsible for yourself and not rely on me or someone else to get you to do what you know you should do anyway.
How long will I need a coach?
That’s entirely up to you. Just remember, the best performers have coaches. Until you can successfully develop and achieve your next level on your own, get the help you need.
How does it work?
This is explained more thoroughly on the Process page, but once we have an introductory call or meeting and decide there is a good fit between us, we will assess your style, motivations and characteristics, then identify your next level and develop a plan to get there. Executing your plan is where you will discover and break through your constraints that prevent you from doing it yourself.